Today, we were paired up with people who we don't usually talk with,and discussed about "Iraq's missing billions." I thought that the content of the video was distressing because I thought Iraq as an "evil country," rather than "robbed, poor country." It really made me think about how cruel the United States could be using up all the money and let people in Iraq face hard consequence and owe its resposibilities.
After we discussed about the video, we then moved on to watching the cooperation movie we have been watching in the previous classes. There were so many shocking scenes like every other days. One of the most surprising things that they mentioned was that everything in this world was being privatized. I was astonished to know that even a DNA of a living thing was being privatized depending on which company found it first. Although the fact that water was being privatized was unbelievable and blew my mind few weeks ago, this fact made me feel insecure and worried that literally everything, even our existance may be privatized as well. Also, the video mentioned rBGH, which was also mentioned last semester. Even though I thought rBGH itself was horrifying and hard to believe, I was shocked to know that the toxicity test was conducted only on 30 mice for 90 days. Since company only cares about profit and not "truth," it made me think that everything else we consume in our daily lives are also things with tons of chemical with unknown toxicity and effect. Since we also learned that companies buy people in order to keep their brand image, I thought that we wouldn't know who to trust, making us more and more misanthrope.
All of the above was enough to surprise me, but one more thing that surprised me was the fact that IBM was making money from the death camp. Now, I am starting to question if people are running a company, because it seems to me that many company has literally no humanity at all. I even start to wonder if there is any company that I would want to get into in the future.
Just out of curiosity, I wonder what drives people so crazy that they even lost their minimum humanity as a human being. (I mean, I know that it's all money but why that much?)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/mar/29/humanities.highereducation
notes
playing around with DNArBGH
.monstanto
toxicity 90 days on 30 mice
they only care about making money and don't really care about the "truth"
the water being privatized.
IBM making money from the death camp
Comments
Post a Comment