Tuesday, May 11

     Today, we again, learned about Palestine and Israel and what is happening there, following the previous class. Today, I was surprised by the map we saw of Palestine and Israel and how Palestine's land is dwindling as time passes. Also, I was surprised by the fact that Jewish people were celebrating, watching the Islamic symbol burning. Although they do not share the same religion and do not share the same belief, I thought that this was a little weird.  For me, it looks like one's denying one's religion which I thought was a little inhumane. However, I also think that it is almost impossible to have a negotiation and have peace because it has such a harsh history.

    Also, I was very surprised by the fact that media can control what we get from mass media following previous classes. It was hard to believe that media which we rely and trust upon takes one side in a certain situation. Moreover, it chooses inappropriate vocabulary and plans out the order as to how they are going to send messages out and brainwash the audience. 

    Lastly, I felt that in any circumstances, war is not okay. First, we saw a soldier and a man hugging each other after the war ended. I thought that this picture was heart-touching. However, then we saw a corpse of a baby and a girl whose legs were blown away. After seeing the picture I again felt that war is not a humane way to decide something and it is always unacceptable. 

Comments