Reflecting back to the first semester, it was a hard semester to get through compared to previous semesters, as there were so many faze that we had to go through, which were so different from what we have experienced already, and since everything was literally new to us, it was sometimes difficult to adapt to but it was definitely a good chance to realize some good tools that we can use even after staying home sessions.
The school closed at the end of March, and I was really hoping to go back to school in April. However, it was pushed back to after golden week, and even further to the beginning of June. What I thought was good about LE was that we get to start the class in April, so for me, that was really fortunate because I really had nothing to do, and no reason to wake up early in the morning. Also, using video chat made everything so much easier compared to other classes, because they only sent us a file, and didn't really teach us anything. Although I really got the situation and obviously knew that it was all that they could do but I was thankful for LE and Mr. Paterson. As the class started, we were told to read a book to write an academic essay on and to give a presentation on. For me, getting the book was hard because Amazon was so slow on shipping and busy. After I've read the book and written the first draft, my team and I started looking through each other's essays. That went pretty smoothly for us and we were able to give feedback for everyone else's writing which we thought was good.
After the time goes on, for two weeks there were times where only half of us were in school. I pretty much liked that because we had alternating school day and a rest day. That made school not stressful and rather fun. Although I kind of felt bad for the teachers, it was a nice schedule that I thought that I would want to continue for the whole semester. (lol) However, I was really stressed out about the presentation we were supposed to have after the "分散登校" was over. Although we weren't required to have a presentation on the first day, it still meant that we had to do it during the first semester, which was the biggest stress for me.
The last part of the semester was going to school with everyone. The first week was the toughest as we had to get used to going to school every single day, without a rest day. I somehow manage myself to adapt to that situation in the second week but it was probably the toughest week that I ever went through. I was so glad that we don't have a presentation this semester. the rest of the semester was pretty easy for me except for the academic essay. It was hard to have a higher number on AWL and readability, and etc... So spend a couple of hours trying to make my essay better and that was the most tiring thing I did this semester.
We don't really know what will happen with Corona in following weeks and next semester, but I would want to make my essay better and practice presentation over the summer and be ready for second semester!!
Comments
Post a Comment