Today, we were introduced to the writing tools for our academic essay. Before the class started, I thought that I was able to work on the slideshow which I had to hand in by the end of the semester. However, after the class started, I realized that I also have to make my essay polished as well. Most of the writing tools introduced today were familiar to me because a lot of them were introduced in our class last year. However, it definitely was a good time to review and bring back the memory of those, as I was almost forgetting about and was about to hand it in without much checking and fixing. The first website Mr. Paterson showed us was the site where your awl and other statistics on the word you use are shown. My writing was randomly chosen and was put into a test. My AWL was 4.5. Although he taught me that it wasn't so bad, I thought that there obviously is more to improve and make better upon. Over the weekend, I was to try and find good academic words from the list and change it with unprofessional vocabulary to make my AWL score go higher.
We also talked about readability, grammar, spelling, and other things that have to do with our writing and how we can check that element on each website. Although my writing didn't get graded on the screen for everyone else to see other than my AWL score, I did grade mine as I followed the teacher. I realized that there are a lot more things that I had to work on and improve upon. Readability was my number one problem for my essay. For this, I thought that I should be using harder vocabularies, so I would try to find that as well over the weekends. By changing those elements, I believe that my grade checker would probably rise from an 88% B to an A.
Today, it was a good time to realize how much work I had to do until the end of the semester, and that I would have to get working.
Perdue
Comments
Post a Comment