June 18th 2020

    Today, we were supposed to have a presentation on the academic book review. However, since we didn't have enough time to fit in everyone's presentation, it got postponed to the second semester. I was kind of looking forward to it so I was a little sad but I thought that it is better for us to have more time to prepare for the presentation as we have more time to perfect it.  However, Instead of actually presenting, we are going to be graded on our presentation slide, and our essay for this semester. Our goal is to make both of those perfect by the end of the semester and be ready to present in September. What that means is that we basically don't have any time limit and we have a lot more time than presenting this term. What I was glad about this presentation was that Mr. Paterson probably won't be asking a question to me as he has read my book before. 
    Today we talked about CRAP. To be honest, I totally forgot about it and only two people memorized it so I thought that it was a good idea to review what it was. To make it clear, it was contrast, repetition, alignment, and proximity. Since I realized that I have forgotten many things about having a presentation I thought that it might be a good idea to go over Rab's YouTube video again. 
    Mr. Paterson lastly showed us a presentation from previous years. The title was called "Friends Forever." to simply sum up what was good about her presentation slide, the text matched the photo, audiences were able to understand the slides in under 5 seconds, and that the first and the last slide is the same picture. I thought that her presentation slide was so easy to understand and I definitely think that I would be able to focus on what she was talking rather than the slide as an audience, which is what we all are aiming for and what we are trying to reach. I definitely think that I would want to take in ideas from this slides and make my slide a better one. 
    



Comments