Final Blog Post

MARCH 3RD 2020

     This is a final blog post of the year and for me, the year went by super fast. I can't believe how this post might be the last blog post on this website. In April, we met a teacher called Mr. Paterson. We were introduced to so many things that we didn't know about. In the first semester, we focused on finding places in school where we can improve more. We took a school tour to see how the design of TGUISS might be a difficulty for a visitor. This gave us a big hint as to how we can start this project. We decided on focusing on classrooms because this is where students spend most of their time at school. I was surprised when I first heard from the teacher that we were only supposed to use pictures for the slides and only a few words. I thought that it was such a hard task because I'd always had a lot of words on the presentation slide and thought that it would be easier for the audiences as well. We did a presentation towards the end of the term, finding out that there is a lot to be learned and improved. In the second semester, we wrote an extended essay in groups. AWL chart is what helped me out the most, as well as the vocab profile checker. These made our essay look a lot neater and more professional. This work also helped us to understand what we are trying to tell in presentations as well. By putting our thoughts into words, we discovered something that we didn't know before which was a good benefit. By the end of the second semester, we had the second presentation. It was a lot better than the last one. However, when I looked back at the video, I still saw myself saying "um" or "like." Lastly in the third semester, we wrote an individual essay to extend our idea of our own part and fully understand what I am trying to inform somebody. We learned about Zotero as well. Before I knew about Zotero, my reference list and how I referred to the evidence were unprofessional. However, after utilizing Zotero, my essay looked more acknowledged and persuasive. Lastly, we were so glad that we had the third and the last presentation at the end. I really felt that I've grown up this semester and improved upon my presenting skills.
       Throughout this whole year, I realized how much effort has to made to make a good persuasive presentation. Before taking this class, I was preparing the presentation on the night before and practicing right before we have that presentation. However, in this class, we picked what theme to focus on, we evaporated our idea by writing, both in a group and individually, and most importantly practiced a lot. With a little practice on the presentation, we wouldn't know what we are going to talk about 100%, which would make us look at the screen all the time. Also, by not practicing as a group, we wouldn't know when to go to the next slide, which would make that time a lot more awkward. However, after many times of practice, it makes us confident about that presentation, where you memorize every single element you have to cover and how you can introduce that to your audience. Also, it made our presentation a lot smoother which made us look more professional and neat. Lastly, I have a feeling that I was able to expand my knowledge in this class towards other classes and in other presentations as well. I tend to be more passionate about the topic given than before and a lot more knowledge than I take in. There's one more thing that changed within me throughout this year. It is my thoughts towards our own school. Before the project, I never had seen my school in objective perspectives. However, after this project, I got a new perspective towards this school and learned that it is always to have a new perspective especially when you are used to the environment.

Comments