listening to presentation

February 25th, 2020    (Technically the last class of the year)

        Today was the start of the last presentation we are going to have this year in this class. Since it has been a year now since we had started our project, I wanted to bring out the most of what I have learned this year. The day before the presentation day, Mitsuki and I had a call to check on how the presentation is going to go and practiced so that we would be prepared if we are going on the next day.
       After PE, I headed straight to the class to check who is going first. Mr. Paterson didn't announce it until the bell rang, but I was so thankful that we weren't going first. The swimming pool group went first. The slides seemed to be the same as the last two times, but the presentation itself was definitely improving. The second group was Mayako, Kosei, and Joei's group. They were so improved on everything and I definitely saw the hurdle going up for the next team after they ended presenting because I thought that they were way too good. They cited reference, they had body language, and their presentation was so persuasive. They sounded so professional I definitely think that they were practicing really hard for this project.
      Finally, After they were done presenting, the teacher announced the last group to present. I really didn't want to go because of the last two groups being too good. However, unfortunately we were called up to present next. Although we had a call to prepare for this day, I was so stressed out when our names were called. After the presentation, I thought that it didn't go so well. Although I got to cite the reference to make my words more persuasive, I had a feeling that I was looking at the screen for most of the presentation and that I couldn't make eye contact with all the people. 
      Although the presentation for this project is over, there still would be many presentations that await in front of us. There is so much thing I learned this year about the presentation so I would like to utilize this knowledge to better succeed in the future.

Comments