Tuesday, September 2nd

     Today was the first class coming back to school and starting the second semester. Although I had a hard time getting used to the school day routine especially in the morning, I got through it and I feel that I was pretty focused on the LE class today. In class, we talked about plagiarism and how this is becoming an urgent issue, especially in Japanese schools. So, we searched the thesis on this topic and wrote what kind of essays they had as a result. However, we were not supposed to have the same thing as the other class or person in your class so I thought that it is kind of difficult to do.
     Before taking this class, I never really knew that it is becoming a huge problem in Japan than in any other country, especially in developed countries. Also, I was surprised to hear that Japanese students even plagiarize work in Japanese, besides English paper. I thought that the reason for this is because compared to the U.S. for example, the education of plagiarism and how to refer to another's work is starting from an older age. In the U.S. I started learning about this when I was in 4th or 5th grade. However, I never learned about these things until 7th grade in Japan. By teaching people at an older age, I think that it is hard to become a habit and happen to do it even when they get to universities.

Comments